What is Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM?
Microsoft Dynamics CRM (now known as Dynamics 365) is a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software solution that manages all interactions with customers, prospects, stakeholders and all other contacts for your company.
Dynamics CRM stores all customer interactions in a shared database across your business and manages sales, marketing, customer service, and customer support, all with seamless integration with Outlook and Microsoft Office 365.
The CRM element of Dynamics 365 enables you to manage sales leads, manage sales pipeline and opportunities, generate new leads using the marketing module (app), and provides customers with exceptional service using the customer service (help desk) module.
Users of Dynamics CRM are able to access customer data using either the Cloud SaaS version (using a web browser such as Chrome or Internet Explorer) or by using the on-premise version, where the customer database is deployed on your servers. CRM data can also be accessed via Microsoft Outlook or by using a mobile device.
Dynamics 365 CRM uses SQL server as its core CRM database which offers unrivalled speed, security and performance and is one of the pre-requisites to install Dynamics 365.
Dynamics CRM Overview
What Can Dynamics 365 do for my Business?
The main benefits of using Dynamics CRM for your business is to help you develop better customer relationships, it improves customer service levels and increases user efficiency levels, which in turn helps drive sales revenues and profitability.
CRM software centralises all your customer data in one place so that everyone at your business can access all the information they need. This helps teams and individuals maximise customer communications and sales efforts, it also enables greater collaboration between departments. This allows you to spend more time building relationships with customers and improving customer satisfaction levels, read more about other benefits.
What is the Difference between Dynamics 365 and Dynamics CRM?
Microsoft rebranded and relaunched Dynamics CRM as Dynamics 365 which has five core modules (or apps) available for CRM, Sales, Customer Service, Marketing, Field Service and Project Service Automation.
The new Dynamics 365 product is also a combined ERP and CRM product that links all front office activities with the back office (ERP). Dynamics 365 eliminates the traditional data silos that exist between CRM and ERP.
If companies just want CRM functionality they can purchase the individual Dynamics 365 apps separately: Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Field Service and Project Service Automation. If they want to add ERP functionality later, they can purchase the apps for Finance, Operations, Commerce and HR.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Overview
What CRM apps are available for Dynamics 365?
The core modules (or apps) for CRM include Sales, Marketing and Customer Service, there is also the Field Service and Project Service apps that are designed around automating more specific tasks.
Core CRM apps:
- Dynamics 365 Sales - Salesforce automation, sales pipeline and opportunity management, pipeline optimisation, sales process automation, quotes and sales literature.
- Dynamics 365 Marketing – Campaign management, marketing list management, list segmentation, and marketing reports.
- Dynamics 365 Customer Service – Knowledge base, support help desk, service contracts, email management and auto-response, it also has automated routing.
Other Specific CRM apps:
- Dynamics 365 Field Service - Dispatch the right resource at the right time to the right place, more information.
- Dynamics 365 Project Service Automation – Manage all customer activities for each project, more information.
Dynamics 365 CRM for Sales app
The Sales app manages all your salesforce automation and customer relationship management requirements, the key benefits of Dynamics 365 for Sales include:
- Increased user productivity.
- Win more sales deals faster.
- Managers spend less time preparing forecasts and sales reports.
- Helps reduce cost of sales, increases sales revenue and increases market share.
- Gives timely information for customers and prospects.
- Helps grow the business.
- Better customer satisfaction as response times are reduced.
- Easier pipeline management which helps with sales forecasts.
- Better record keeping of customer and prospect records
Dynamics 365 CRM for Marketing app
The Marketing app enables you to generate new leads for your business and manages all your marketing campaigns. There is also an app to enable you to integrate with social media using the Microsoft Social Media application. The key benefits of Dynamics 365 for Marketing include:
- Engage smarter with prospects and customers with multi stage campaigns.
- Build your company’s brand by communicating more effectively with customers and prospects.
- CRM for marketing helps you nurture leads and build better relationships with customers.
- Dynamics CRM for Marketing helps customers to be better informed, so they are likely to make a bigger purchase.
- Marketing automation helps you gain improved insights into customer behaviours.
- Link Dynamics CRM for Marketing with email to speed up communication with customers and prospects and see who has opened emails and looked at certain landing pages.
- Dynamics allows you to effectively manage events and track the success rates.
- Integrate your website with CRM and see who is visiting your website.
- Build a bigger and stronger sales pipeline for your sales team.
- You can build dashboards and reports for marketing managers to see effectively the impact on campaigns.
- Marketing allows you to track lead source codes, so you can see which messaging is most effective.
Overview of the Marketing Module
Dynamics 365 CRM for Customer Service app
Customer service is the module than enables you to manage all aspects of customer services, including managing all support queries (help desk), the key benefits of Dynamics 365 for Customer Service include:
- The ability to track customer issues through tickets and cases.
- Have a detailed knowledge base to help resolve issues and share answers to customer queries.
- Empower customer service employees.
- Earn customer loyalty by responding to problems and issues quickly.
- Cases can be put into a queue and then routed to the right teams or staff members.
- Track and fulfil Service Level Agreements with customer (SLA’s)
- Track and record all interactions for a support ticket or case.
- The ability to create reports and dashboards to manage performance and productivity.
- The ability to define service terms.
- Create and schedule urgent services to customers
Customer Service Overview
Integration with Outlook and Office 365
Many businesses already use Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office 365 for email, meeting scheduling, documents and contact management.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM integrates seamlessly with Outlook and Office 365 so users can access important CRM information from within Outlook. The integration between Dynamics allows users to capture customer information within a familiar interface; access to data can also be achieved whilst off line.
How Much Does Dynamics CRM cost?
Microsoft has changed the way you can purchase individual apps for the CRM element of Dynamics, now you can just buy the app that you require whereas before you would have had to purchase the Customer Engagement plan. Prices are shown below:
- Dynamics Sales app – starts from £49 per user per month.
- Dynamics Marketing app – starts from £565 per month.
- Dynamics Customer Service app – starts from £37 per user per month.
- Dynamics Field Service app – starts from £71 per user per month.
- Dynamics Project Service Automation app – starts from £135 per user. per month
The latest prices can be found at Dynamics 365 pricing.
Why Choose AlphaLogix – Organise a Dynamics 365 CRM Demo
Our CRM experts can help you discover how Dynamics 365 CRM can be setup to improve your sales processes within your business. We will provide you with a Free initial personalised Dynamics 365 CRM demo as well as fully justified costs and pricing for your requirements.
Call us today to organise a demo on 020 8050 3216 or email us at email@example.com. We will help you through every step of the implementation process, including training and support.