What is Sage 50 Payroll?
Sage 50 Payroll is the main payroll software product offering by Sage for small to medium sized businesses. Sage 50 Payroll is part of the Sage 50 Accounts range of products and over half of all UK businesses use Sage Payroll to pay their staff, they also use it to manage payroll processes including payslips, employee pay, pensions, expenses, statuary pay, tax calculations, HMRC submissions and a lot more.
The Sage 50 Payroll software can be deployed online in the Cloud or installed on your own servers by purchasing the on-premise version.
One of the key strengths of Sage Payroll is that it integrates with Sage’s other flagship products such as P11d, Sage Pensions module, Sage 50 Professional and Standard, and Sage’s Employees Benefits module.
Sage 50 Payroll
What are the Key Features and Benefits for Sage Payroll?
The Sage 50 Payroll software allows you to manage and automate many of your Payroll processes within your business, the main benefits and features include:
- Manage payroll processes for employees
- HMRC submissions
- Keep track of PAYE/ NIC liability to HMRC
- Automatic calculation of National Insurance and tax
- Manage employee holidays and absences
- HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) compliant
- Receive the latest legislative updates electronically
- Real Time Information (RTI) submissions
- Email or print professional payslips to you employees
- Employees can access their payslips securely online
- Manage employee pension schemes
- Pay employees electronically with e-Banking
- Works in conjunction with Sage 50 Professional and Standard versions
- Manage statuary payments
- Comprehensive reports and dashboards
- Plus lots more…
Sage 50 Accounts
Which Version of Sage 50 Payroll is Right for My Business?
There are two versions of Sage 50 Payroll, the Standard version and Sage 50 Payroll Professional.
The Sage 50 Standard Payroll version is the entry level version and is only available for 1 user and 1 company, but you can manage the number of employees from up to 15 employees to unlimited employees.
Sage 50 Payroll Professional is the top of the range version of payroll, it has options to manage unlimited employees, unlimited companies and unlimited users. Both Standard and Professional can only be purchased through a subscription plan.
What Features Are in Sage 50 Payroll?
Sage 50 Payroll is designed to manage and automate all of your payroll processes, just some of the features found in the software include:
Let Sage Payroll Manage Your Payroll Processes
- Process weekly, two-weekly, four-weekly and monthly payrolls.
- Print or email payslips to employees, or view online
- Record and calculate holiday pay
- Pay employees using e-banking
- Calculate payments & deductions & PAYE and NI
- Post salary journals to your Sage 50cloud accounting software
- Automate auto enrolment processes
- Manage employee pensions
- Calculate contributions & cost to your business
- Create your personalised action plan
- Easily set up your pension with Pension's Fast-Track
- Optional Sage Pensions Module (at additional cost)
Use Sage 50 Payroll HMRC Submissions and RTI
- Sage’s Payroll is HMRC recognised software
- Send submissions to HMRC Securely Online
- Comply with the latest legislation
- Directly submit PAYE and employee data to HMRC online
- Keep track of NIC and PAYE liability to HMRC
- Automate the sending of RTI data to HMRC
Sage 50 Payroll - Enter Your Employees' Pay
Pay Employees Directly From Within Sage Software
- Manage staff payments directly from within the software
- Significant reduction in admin time
- Pay staff quickly with e-banking
- Reduce the risk of making payment errors
- Manage sensitive staff payments on a secure platform
- Keep Your Payments Accurate and Secure
Store and Manage Employee Information
- Track holidays and absences
- Manage staff appraisals
- Store disciplinary records in Sage
- Keep job and salary records/history
- Written statements of employment
- Attach documents to staff records
- Record statuary payments (SMP & SSP)
Report on Your Payroll Data
- Run statuary reports such P60, P11, P35
- Report on data by department and cost centres
- Create your own professional reports
- Choose from a wide range of standard reports
- Run cashflow and future budget reports
Keep Data and Payments Accurate and Secure
- Backup and restore accounting data easily
- Store payslips, timesheets and docs securely
- Roll your data back to correct errors
- Control and apply user access rights
- Restrict user access for certain software features
What are the Costs for Payroll?
There are two versions and pricing plans to choose from, Sage 50cloud Payroll Standard costs starts from £29 per month for a single user, single company and up to 15 employees. Payroll Professional starts from £91 per month for a single user, single company and up to 50 employees.
Normally there is discount on the first 3- 6 months, call us for a detailed quote, further information on costs.
Why Choose AlphaLogix – Organise a Free Demo
Our accountancy experts will help you discover how Payroll can be setup to improve the way you manage your payroll processes. We will provide you with a Free initial personalised Sage 50 Payroll demo as well as fully justified costs and pricing for your requirements.
Call us today to organise a demo on 020 8050 3216 or email us at email@example.com. We will help you through every step of the implementation process, including training and support. We support all versions of payroll including older versions such as Sage line 50.