What is Sage 200?
Sage 200 is now called Sage 200 Cloud and is a powerful finance, ERP and business management software solution from Sage for small to medium sized businesses. Sage 200 enables you to manage your finances and customers across your business. Sage 200 is highly configurable, scalable and flexible which enables you to manage complex accounting processes.
With Sage 200 (previously known as Sage MMS and Sage 200c) you can share information across your business and manage processes for your supply chain, manufacturing, sales order processing, purchase order processing, stock and CRM.
Some of the key strengths of Sage 200 includes its ability to integrate with other Sage products, such as Sage Payroll, Sage Pay and Sage CRM. Another key strength of Sage 200 is the large amount of addons developed for the accounts software making the system more flexible and a better fit around your company's accounting and ERP requirements, these can be found in the Sage Marketplace. If your moving from Sage 50 to Sage 200 another key strength is that there is migration tool that automatically transfers your existing accounts data.
Sage 200 Overview
What is the difference between Sage 50 and Sage 200?
Sage 50 and Sage 200 are both market leading accounts software in their respective target markets. Sage 50 Accounts is great for small sized businesses or start-ups, whilst Sage 200 is ideal for larger SME’s or medium sized enterprises, Sage 200 is highly configurable, scalable and flexible and is a popular choice for companies who have outgrown Sage 50.
Sage 50cloud is available for up to 20 users and can handle up to 1.5 million financial transactions, whilst Sage 200 allows up to 50 desktop users (or 100 web users), and because it uses a Microsoft SQL database it can handle up to 9 million transactions, with great performance.
Sage 200 was designed to be the natural progression for Sage 50 users to upgrade to when they had outgrown their existing software, or due to business growth they needed a more scalable accounting solution, further information
Is Sage 200 Cloud based?
Sage rebranded Sage 200c as Sage 200cloud to focus its efforts on the fast-growing cloud computing (SaaS) accounts software market. Sage 200 is available to use in the Cloud for both the Sage 200 Standard and Sage 200 Professional versions.
The Sage 200cloud Standard version is only available in the Cloud, whilst Sage 200 Professional is available for use in the Cloud or can be installed on your own computer servers with the on-premise licence, compare Sage 200 Standard and Professional.
Is Sage 200 an ERP system?
The answer is yes Sage 200 is an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system that brings together accounts, financials, business intelligence, purchasing, production, cash, sales order processing and CRM for your business. Sage 200 has various add on modules and apps that enables you to manage your accounting, supply chain, order processing, stock, manufacturing and CRM across your business.
Which Version of Sage 200 Is Best For Your Company - Standard or Professional?
The Sage 200 accounting product range is available in two different versions, Sage 200 Standard and Sage 200 Professional. Sage 200 Standard is only available online via the Cloud whilst Sage 200 Professional (previously known as Extra) is available in the Cloud and also as an On-Premise version.
Both versions of Sage 200 are the same software, however Sage 200 Professional has extra functionality available such as; Project Accounting, CRM, Business Intelligence and Manufacturing. The Professional version is also customisable whilst Standard only has out of the box features, further information.
Sage 200 Commercials
What Is The Core Sage 200 Modules?
Sage 200 is a powerful modular solution that incorporates the following modules:
Sage 200 Financials module is the core module for the Sage 200. Financials is the central module where all other modules feed financial accounting information into the nominal ledgers, so your business can run financial reports to get valuable insights you need to increase profits, and speed up growth, key features of Financials.
- Detailed nominal code structure that can be customised for your business.
- Automated statements, direct debits and standing orders.
- Unlimited supplier and customer contacts.
- Comprehensive integration with
- Powerful period end control for all ledgers so you get accurate profit and loss figures.
- Bank feeds help increase efficiency.
- Manage all your foreign currency transactions with flexible exchange rate adjustments.
- Multi company consolidation if you have more than one company entity.
- Perform VAT returns with ease.
- Forecast cash flow.
Sage 200 Commercials module, Commercials has advanced features for managing purchase order processing, sales order processing, invoicing, price book and advanced stock management, so you can make sure products and goods are despatched quickly and efficiently, key features of Commercials:
- Seeing the full history of an order such as multiple delivery addresses and price negotiations.
- Source inventory worldwide with up to 100 different currencies supported.
- Comprehensive batch and serial tracking on products.
- Flag up invoices in dispute.
- Compile order lists based on customer orders.
- Track stock across multiple locations.
- See where your products come from and their current location and see what price they were sold at.
- Comprehensive price book validation.
- Rapid order entry for quick invoicing and despatch.
- Support for complex or simple pricing.
- Use templates to quickly create new accounts.
Sage 200 Project Accounting module allows you to get a single view of all your projects, so you can manage costs and increase profitability on each project. You can track multiple projects and record time and materials against them whilst sharing information with other users across the business for maximum efficiency, key features for Project Accounting:
- Tracks time, expenses and materials against projects.
- Integrates with SOP, POP and Payroll.
- Customises and configures fields to match your company’s requirements.
- Adds any number of user defined fields against projects.
- Gives project managers the appropriate authorisation to raise PO’s
- Tracks profitability for each project.
- Use web time and expenses to track timesheets and expenses against a project.
Sage 200 Business Intelligence (BI) module comes free with Financials. BI is a very powerful Microsoft Excel integrated reporting tool which enables you to slice-and-dice and interrogate your Sage 200 databases incredibly efficiently, key features of Business Intelligence, key features of Business Intelligence:
- Uncover revenue opportunities.
- Discover areas of improved efficiency.
- Plan for future growth.
- Monitor KPI’s for your business.
Sage 200 Manufacturing module allows you to track manufacturing activities in detail from start to finish, ensuring your shop floor runs smoothly whilst improving productivity, meaning you can deliver products to customers on time and within budget, key features of Manufacturing:
- Reduces lead times in the manufacturing process.
- Reduces wastage.
- Improves business efficiency.
- Shares crucial manufacturing information across your organisation.
- Highlights potential production issues.
- Provides accurate resource planning.
- Improved production allows you to deliver more products on time.
Sage 200 CRM Module covers Sales Marketing and Service, representing an improved way of connecting your Sage 200 financial and commercial data with your customer service, sales, and marketing processes, key features for Sage 200 CRM include:
- Link back office (Accounts) with front office (Sales, Marketing and Service).
- Track phone calls, meetings, documents, to-do’s and emails.
- Log support tickets.
- Manage and launch marketing campaigns
- Convert quotes to orders.
- Enables sales reps to view credit limits, invoices, orders etc.
- Allows mobile users to access customer information.
- Comprehensive Customer Relationship Management
The Sage 200 Bill of Materials Module helps businesses manage assembly processes and it can break down complex processes and sub-assemblies. There are a wide range of reports in in the Sage 200 BOM module that give you up to date information on the progress of your manufacturing processes. These modules link in with Financials and Commercials, see key features and benefits of Sage 200 BOM:
- From materials and machines, to labour and operations; split your assembly operations into manageable segments.
- Create and store multiple BOM templates for future use.
- Accurate cost-analysis can be performed from component level, through to the full build.
- The Trial Kitting tool forecasts your production capabilities by reviewing current stock levels, against the Bill of Material specification.
- Batch and Serial Number functionality can be applied, from component level, through to the full build.
Sage 200 Database Has Great Performance, Speed and Unlimited Transactions
One of the key benefits of Sage 200 is that it sits on a powerful Microsoft SQL database which means it can handle extremely large amounts of data, speed and performance are unaffected by the amount of transactions or data in the core database, Sage 200 can handle virtually unlimited transactions and maintain great performance and speed which is unaffected by the number of users on the system, other benefits of Microsoft SQL includes:
- Increased data security
- Ease of configuration
- Great performance – unaffected by the number of users or transactions
- Stores a huge amount of data
- Optimised data storage
- Data recovery support
What are the Costs and Pricing Plans for Sage 200?
The cost of Sage 200 accounts software starts from an affordable £240 per month for Sage 200 Standard, which is the online entry level version (hosted in the Cloud). The price of Sage 200 Professional starts from £280 per month which is available for both online and as a monthly subscription fee for the on-premise licence.
The total cost of Sage 200 is also determined by the additional software modules you require, such as Commercials or Manufacturing. There is also the cost of support, implementation and training to consider, further information.
- Sage 200 Cloud Standard starts from £240 per month
- Sage 200 Cloud Professional starts from £280 per month
Sage 200 Financials
What Integration is available for Sage 200?
Bringing together the UK’s most popular mid-market accounts system Sage 200 with other leading Sage products and payment technologies allows you to get the most out of your system. Sage 200 now integrates with the following applications.
- E-invoicing with Sage Pay
- Payments Integration
- Microsoft Office 365 integration
- Sage Payroll Integration
- Integration with Microsoft Power BI
- GoCardless Integration
Frequently Asked Questions for Sage 200
In the sections below, we detail exactly what every module does, as well as detailing some of the other question’s users want to get answers to, from product comparisons, pricing to training, as well as choosing the best Sage Partner to work with to implement Sage 200.
If you are looking at Sage 200 for the first time, or if you already use Sage 200, we offer a range of services to help you get the most our of your investment. If you would like to speak with one of our Sage 200 product specialists contact us on 020 8050 3216 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org