What is Sage Accounting Software?
Sage accounting software is a term commonly used by businesses who use one of the many Sage accounting software solutions. Sage is the market leading accounts software provider in the UK. Businesses use Sage accounting to manage their finances and accounting transactions.
The majority of businesses that use Sage accounts software are small to medium sized businesses (SMB’s), they use Sage accounting software to record and process accounting transactions using modules such as accounts receivable, accounts payable, sales order processing, general ledger and purchase order processing.
The Sage accounts software range of products is typically composed of various modules, with different modules dealing with particular areas of accounting. The most common modules found in the range of Sage software products include:
Accounting Core modules
- General ledger (commonly referred to as the Nominal ledger)
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Sales order processing
- Invoicing (commonly referred to as Billing)
- Purchase order processing
- Stock and inventory management
- Cash Book and bank reconciliation
- Financial period close management
- Online VAT submissions and MTD
Raise Your Game with Sage Intacct
What Sage Accounting Products Are Available for Small to Medium Sized Businesses?
The most popular Sage accounts software products for smaller companies include the online accounting product Sage accounting (previously known as Sage one) and Sage 50cloud (previously known as Sage 50 accounts) which is used by over 400,000 businesses in the UK.
Larger smaller companies and medium sized businesses use Sage accounting products such as Sage 200cloud (previously known as Sage 200) and Sage Intacct (previously known as Intacct). Sage 200cloud is available as both an online accounts solution as well as On-premise , whilst Sage Intacct is only available for use in the Cloud.
The Sage products for medium sized businesses Sage 200 and Sage Intacct are highly configurable, scalable and flexible which enable you to manage complex accounting processes. They also run-on high-performance databases such as Microsoft SQL and Oracle which means they can handle extremely large amounts of data, and speed and performance are unaffected by the number of accounting transactions or data in the core database.
Sage 50 Accounts Overview
Many of the Sage accounting products have core modules as part of the base package, but there are also many non-core modules that can be added for the various software products, these might include:
- Electronic payment such a Opayo (previously known as Sage Pay)
- Time and expense management
- Debt collection
- Sage Payroll
- Ecommerce accounts integration
- Manufacturing and Bill of Materials
- Project accounting
- Fixed assets
- HR software
- CRM Integration such as Sage CRM and Salesforce
- Multi company multi entity consolidation
- Integration with external apps
- Document management
There is a wide range of Sage accounting add on applications available that have been developed by 3rd party developers, these apps can found on Sage Marketplace.
Why Use Sage Accounting Software?
Sage accounting software is the market leading accounts software provider in the UK and has become the industry standard, and offers a very diverse range of accounts products for every accounting and financial management task.
Sage is trusted by millions of customers worldwide to deliver the best cloud accounting technology and support, with their network of partners, to manage finances, operations, and people.
Sage software can be used for everything from the simplest accounting requirements to managing complex processes, the software enables you to streamline processes, cut admin costs, increase user productivity and boost business growth.
Intacct Won the Award for Best of Breed for Core Financials.
Many people choose Sage because of the brand and their software are best of breed. The products have won many awards and accolades because of the innovative technology. Sage Group is also a massive company with over 12,000 employees and is very financially secure.
One of the key strengths of Sage accounting software is its ability to integrate with other Sage products and leading payment technologies, business applications and technologies which enable you to get the most out of the account's software, examples of integration include:
- Payments Integration such as Opayo
- Microsoft Office 365 Sage integration
- Integration with Microsoft Power BI
- Sage Payroll Integration
- CRM integration with Salesforce (Intacct)
- Salary and Employee Payments
- GoCardless Integration
- CIS Module
Sage 200 Accounts Overview
Why Choose a Cloud Based Sage Accounting Software Solution?
Sage is focussed on becoming the global market leader for Cloud accounting software and technology that helps small and medium businesses perform at their best. Sage is now trusted by millions of customers worldwide to deliver the best cloud technology and support.
Benefits of Cloud Accounting Software:
- Lower cost of ownership
- Pay monthly rather than paying a large up-front cost
- Mobile access to accounts data at any time
- Your accounts data is stored in a secure environment
- No time-consuming backups
- Share accounting data easily across your business
- Improved collaboration across your business
- Access data 24/7 from any location with internet access
- Software that is intuitive and easy to use
- The software is consistently updated and improved without you having to do anything
- See your current financial position at any time
- Collaborate easily with your accountant
- Enables you to quickly add or remove users, and change permission rights
- Powerful online interactive dashboards that reduce your paper use
- Using accounts software in the Cloud helps you to avoid investing in expensive servers or backup hardware
- Data about your sales or income and purchases can flow straight from your bank to your accounts
- Better control of your financial processes
For more information regarding other online accounting software benefits.
What are the Benefits and Features for Sage 50 Accounting?
Sage 50cloud enables you to take control of your business finances, Sage 50cloud accounts combines the convenience of the cloud with the power of desktop accounting software, giving you a complete view of all your business finances in one place, just some of the features in Sage 50 accounts includes:
- Manage income, cash flow, expenses and payments
- Connect to your bank account for easy reconciliation
- Create quotes and professional looking invoices
- Seamless integration with Office 365
- Submit VAT returns online to HMRC
- Manage stock and product information
- GoCardless integration
- Powerful dashboards and financial reports
- Create purchase orders and sales orders
- Trade in multiple currencies
- Manage multiple departments and budgets
- Secure cloud access and backup
- Track project expenses, profits and project revenue
- Connected Users
Whistle Stop Tour of Sage 50cloud Accounts
What are the Benefits and Features for Sage Accounting?
Sage accounting is an entry level online accounting software solution that helps to drive your small business forward. Quick to set up, easy to use, and the software helps automates billing and invoicing. Sage accounting syncs with your bank software and offers a real-time overview of your business finances, just some of the features include:
- Create and send invoices
- Track what you're owed
- Automatic bank reconciliation
- Calculate and submit VAT
- Supports unlimited users
- Manage and submit CIS
- Run advanced reports
- Send quotes and estimates
- Forecast cash flow
- Manage purchase invoices
- Snap receipts with AutoEntry
- Invoice in multiple currencies
- Manage inventory
Sage 200 Accounts Features
Sage 200 is a powerful accounting, ERP and business management software solution from Sage for small to medium sized businesses. Sage 200 enables you to manage your finances and customers across your business. Sage 200cloud is highly configurable, scalable and flexible which enables you to manage complex accounting processes.
Sage 200 Accounting Modules
- Financials - The Financials module contains the 4 essential ledgers to help you manage your business accounts
- Commercials - Manages stock, Purchase Order Processing (POP), Sales Order Processing (SOP) and price lists
- Workspaces and Connected User - Enables you to use dashboards and customisable views to find the information you need
- Excel Reporting - Better reporting and more detailed analysis, accessible online
- Sage Payments - Manage and make supplier payments straight from your software
- E-Invoicing with Sage Pay - A safe and easy way for customers to pay you, using a range of simple, secure and reliable payment solutions
- Bill of Materials – Manages simple manufacturing processes for your business
- Integrated add-ons - There are hundreds of add-ons available to choose from that enhances the software. The add-ons are available from Sage’s network of trusted developers, and Sage Marketplace.
- Client Relationship Management (CRM) - Manage all interactions with customers and contacts
- Manufacturing - Comprehensive Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) solution for managing complex manufacturing processes
- Business Intelligence - Provides powerful reporting and trend analysis, its intuitive design allows you to easily create your own dashboards and reports
- Project Accounting - Helps you control your costs and maximise your profits by understanding the detail of each and every project you manage
- Web Timesheets and Expenses - Enter, print and authorise timesheets and expenses online, data is linked to Sage Payroll
Sage 200 Financials Overview
Sage Intacct Benefits and Features
Sage Intacct is the market leading Cloud financial management and accounting software targeted for businesses of any size, but predominately it is used by small to medium sized businesses. Sage Intacct is a modular Cloud-based software solution that offers a range of innovative features that automates the complete array of accounting processes. Intacct customers achieve a high ROI and Intacct can help accounts close time by up to 79%.
Intacct Modules and Features:
Intacct Core Financials
- General Ledger.
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Purchasing Order management
- Cash Management
Intacct Billing Software
- Contract and subscription billing
- Project costing and billing
- Revenue recognition
Dashboards and reporting
- Intuitive financial dashboards
- Flexible accounting reporting
Sage Intacct Platform
- Salesforce integration
- Web Services API
- Platform Services
- Fixed assets
- Time and expenses
- Project accounting
- Spend management
- Revenue recognition
- Inventory management
- Multi entity and global consolidations
Introducing Sage Intacct
How Much Does Sage Accounting Software Cost?
Virtually all of the accounts products from Sage are now based on a subscription pricing model, you now pay for the software monthly. Costs vary depending on whether you choose an entry level product such as Sage Accounting or a more expensive platform such as Intacct, we have listed below links to our pricing guides.
Contact AlphaLogix to Discuss the Best Sage Accounting Software for Your Business
Our accounting experts will help you discover which Sage accounts product is best suited for your financial requirements and improve your accounting processes within your business. We will provide you with a free initial personalised demo as well as fully justified costs and pricing for your requirements.
Our dedicated accounts experts are committed to ensuring you get the most from your software investment and we offer the following services:
- Support from our technical help desk
- Development services
- Migration from other accounts systems
- Software integration
- A proactive and dedicated support team
- Ecommerce and website integration
Call us today on 0208 050 3216 to organise a demo or quote, alternatively email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will help you through every step of the selection process, implementation process, including training and support.