“Hands Around The World”
AlphaLogix is pleased to support local charity “Hands Around The World” and recently supplied them with laptops to take to school children in Benin, Africa.
“We were introduced to the charity by one of our clients, David Edge of Coda Business Management, who asked if we would be interested to help by providing some laptops for use in the school.” Paul Willis, our Business Development Manager was more than pleased to work in his own time to wipe data off the laptops and convert them to French localisation ready for David to take on his next visit to Afame, Benin.
“It really is great to see our laptops being put to such good use.” said AlphaLogix MD, Peter Howe.
“Hands Around The World” helps needy children, sending volunteers to offer practical help, skill sharing, support, and friendship at its partner centres. More than 2,000 children benefit each day from their charitable works and sponsorship. An extract from their website explains their ethos:
At HANDS AROUND THE WORLD we want to change the state of the world by helping to change the hearts and minds of individuals.
- We aim to give people the opportunity to do a useful job of work.
- To share valuable skills and be genuinely helpful, whilst at the same time forging valuable links of friendship between individuals and communities.
- Learning how much the people of the developing world can offer to us.
- We ask people to give of themselves, not only to raise funds but, more importantly, to give time, energy, talents, and skills.
- We want people who are prepared not just to put their money where their mouths are, but to put themselves where their hearts are.
To find out more about this very practical, local charity please take the time to visit their website: www.hatw.org.uk. Sponsors and international volunteers are always needed.